Collagen is made naturally in our own bodies and is also a protein found in animals. It is the most essential protein to our body which provides structure and integrity to our skin, hair, nails, bones, and ligaments. It is also present in other body parts including, the stomach lining, heart, and blood vessels. It is suggested to take it when you are in your early 20’s or mid 30’s because at this age it helps more effectively to improve your body, skin, and hair.
It is made up of different amino acids which are shaped in a unique way also called a triple helix. These amino acids are found in collagen which can help the body in heavy lifting and is also known as building blocks of the body. They are sourced from beef, fish, pigs, chicken, rabbits, and eggshells. If you are wondering if vegan food supplies collagen, it does not. They supply nutrients that help support the body with collagen production.
- It helps you replace what you lost through aging. Collagen makes up for 1/3 rd of the body protein.
- It makes it easy for your body to digest. People might feel undigested or have stomach pains after eating chicken or fish. Collagen supplements can help it digest easily and is a more convenient way to get protein in your diet.
- Collagen supplements help to improve skin elasticity, smoothen wrinkles and help to hold on to moisture.
- Helps in reducing joint aches and pains. Many athletes intake a lot of it because it supports cartilage repair and also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- It can help improve your Gut health, cure heart diseases and if you are wondering if it helps in losing weight. Yes, it does help you in losing weight and keeps your bones healthy.
There are collagen powders, capsules and oils available to help improve your health and well being. One of the most efficient and scientific ways to improve collagen in your body is by eating foods that contain nutrients like vitamin c, zinc or copper.