Craving a refreshing and healthy recipe? Check out this simple and traditional Gazpacho recipe, which is a low carb, low-calorie dinner that is the perfect treat for a winters night-in. It is a cold soup (which can be warmed to your taste), that is rich in minerals, antioxidants, fibre and vitamins C, A and E. This is because it contains key ingredients like red tomatoes which are high in natural carotenoids which can prevent high blood pressure and certain eye diseases. This recipe can be warmed in winter and kept cold during summer for a refreshing dinner option. It is best paired with Slendier Basil Sauce and served with crusty bread or baguettes.
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 3-4 large tomatoes diced
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Slendier basil sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil (plus extra to serve)
- torn basil to serve
- cracked pepper to serve
- crusty bread to serve
- First separate a small amount of the cucumber and tomato aside for garnish.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, red capsicum, red onion, garlic, sherry vinegar, salt, sugar and Slendier Organic Italian Pasta Sauce (Basil & Tomato) to the jug of a blender.
- Start blending on a slow speed, then turn to high and blend for 3 minutes.
- Turn the blender back down to low and drizzle the olive oil in slowly to emulsify.
- Taste the gazpacho and season with the salt and vinegar as required.
- Divide the gazpacho between bowls and garnish with extra cucumber and tomato, as well as some torn basil, olive oil and cracked pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread or a baguette