Turmeric is beneficial to the body in many aspects, and some practitioners believe it to be the best of all herbs. Turmeric contains over 300 active ingredients that have substantial effects on the body, according to scientific evidence.
If you’ve never tried turmeric for wellbeing, now is the right time to do so and see why so many health practitioners and researchers recommend it. It’s never too late to incorporate turmeric into your everyday routine, whether for maintenance or to assist with a specific ailment.
You can make your own healthy turmeric infused meals with the following recipes below:
Overnight Oats with Cashews, Seeds, and Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons chopped raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 Teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ Teaspoon of chia seeds
- ½ Teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- ¼ Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of honey
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 Cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
Heat ghee in a small skillet over medium. Add cashews, chia seeds, poppy seeds, turmeric, pepper and cook, constantly stirring until nuts are toasted, and seeds start to pop about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Divide oats and yogurt among bowls, spooning yogurt into the centre. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over, then top with cashew mixture (drizzle with honey).
Do ahead: prepare overnight oats!
Turmeric and coconut fish curry
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 small green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 2tsp finely organic turmeric powder
- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 6 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 12 curry leaves, plus extra to serve
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250) ml fish stock
- 600g sand whiting fillets or whiting fillets (skin on), cut into 4cm pieces
- Juice of 1 lime
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Using a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic, chilli, ginger and turmeric to a paste.
Heat oil in a deep frypan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add chilli paste and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add spices and curry leaves, and cook, stirring for another 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and stock, then bring to a simmer.
Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add fish and cook for 4 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from heat. Season with lime juice and salt
Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander and deep-fried curry leaves.
Credit to: Delicious.com
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil or coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of golden milk paste (or organic turmeric powder)
- 1 small (1/4 inch) piece of ginger root peeled and grated
- ¼ teaspoon raw organic honey
Heat your milk on the stove. Remove from heat and stir in the paste. Add ¼ teaspoon of golden milk turmeric paste. Add a few grates of fresh ginger root for different healing properties.
Blend or whisk all ingredients together, then warm through on stove on medium heat for 15 minutes. Let it very gently simmer for 15 minutes but not boil
You can blend the ingredients manually by hand or in a high-speed blender for a frothier drink
Credit to Elizabethrider.com